James Leroy Wilson's one-man magazine.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 15: the Old Leonardo, the New Emma, and What's Up anyway?

April 15: this day in history (from Wikipedia)

1892 – "The General Electric Company is formed." Created David Letterman and Seinfeld. Good enough for me.

1947 – "Jackie Robinson debuts for the Brooklyn Dodgers, breaking baseball's color line." Too bad African-Americans don't play baseball anymore.

1955 – "McDonald's restaurant dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc, in Des Plaines, Illinois." Best day ever?

Notable quotes (from BrainyQuote unless otherwise sourced)

"It had long since come to my attention that people of accomplishment rarely sat back and let things happen to them. They went out and happened to things." Leonardo da Vinci (April 15, 1452 – May 2, 1519)

"Three things in human life are important. The first is to be kind. The second is to be kind. And the third is to be kind."- Henry James (15 April 1843 – 28 February 1916)

"I'm going to do what I want to do. I'm going to be who I really am. I'm going to figure out what that is." - Emma Watson (born 15 April 1990)

Song of the Day

Happy birthday Linda Perry of 4 Non Blondes!


No comments:

Post a Comment